Be part of building something great!
Talkiatry is solving the mental health crisis in America by focusing on high-quality in-network care and technology that enables our psychiatrists. The result? We are meeting the needs of our insurance partners and our patients while driving down costs and improving clinical care.
We are seeking someone who can join us in our mission and contribute to Talkiatry s exceptional team. This is a role for a person who shares our values and thrives working in a collegial, exciting and fast paced environment!
Talkiatry values every team member and takes the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously. All full-time employees are eligible for our generous benefits package on day one! We have a 401(k) plan employer match, competitive PTO plans and 11 holidays per year.
What does a day in the life of a Talkiatry Patient Care Coordinator look like?
- Answer incoming phone calls to screen patients, answer questions, or schedule appointments
- Make outbound phone calls to patients, pharmacies, or insurance companies
- Register new patients in our electronic health records system (e-Clinical Works)
- Ensure that providers are scheduled for best use of time (Optimized)
- Support clinicians via Microsoft Teams Chat to:
- Schedule patient follow-up appointments
- Reach out to patients who are late to tele visits
- Send referral information to patients
- Send discharge letters
- Monitor and complete tickets in our support ticket system (Zendesk) to:
- Inform patients of insurance benefits
- Respond to patient inquiries
- Add copies of insurance cards/IDs to patient documents
- Troubleshoot minor technological issues or escalate them to our helpdesk
Medical office reception experience, including:
- Use of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) in your daily work
- Answering phones and multitasking in a fast-paced clinical practice
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Insurance verification
- Understanding of patient privacy rules and experience in a HIPAA-compliant practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer Service
- Understanding of general medical practice workflows
- Ability to multitask accurately
- Enjoy working in team-based environment
- Training in New York with occasional days in the office
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.