Be part of building something great
Talkiatry is solving the mental health crisis in our community by building a psychiatric practice that addresses the unique needs of psychiatrists and insurers. The result? We are growing rapidly because psychiatrists prefer our practice model.
Using our proprietary technology platform, psychiatrist can design the job of their dreams: the hours, pay, and patient population they desire as well as the flexibility of practicing in-person or by telepsychiatry. Best of all, Talkiatry takes on the headaches of running a private practice, like billing and finding new patients. We allow the psychiatrist to focus on what they care about most: their patients.
Patients benefit too. We offer convenient appointment times and accept insurance. Through our proprietary intake process we match them with the clinician most able to treat their condition. Patients feel better faster.
Engineering at Talkiatry
The engineering team at Talkiatry is looking for a mission-driven software engineer to build the software that powers Talkiatry's high-quality psychiatric care delivery. Our stack which runs on AWS includes Airflow, dbt, Postgres, and Terraform. Our engineering team is small and collegial, with strong collaborative relationships with our clinical and back-office teams.
- Design and build the infrastructure that supports our patient- and provider facing apps
- Build the data pipelines that will allow our clinical and operations teams to deliver better care faster to our patients
- Collaborate closely with our clinical and operations teams to ensure that the software we're building solves the problems that present barriers to behavioral health care access
- Maintain a high level of quality in our codebase both as an author and a code reviewer
- Mentor and support other members of the engineering team
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborative approach and ability to work with people from other teams
- Experience with the technologies we are using preferred (but not required!)
- Experience in healthcare preferred (but not required!)
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.