Be part of building something great
Talkiatry is solving the mental health crisis in our community by building a psychiatric practice that addresses the unique needs of psychiatrists and insurers. The result? We are growing rapidly because psychiatrists prefer our practice model.
Using our proprietary technology platform, psychiatrist can design the job of their dreams: the hours, pay, and patient population they desire as well as the flexibility of practicing in-person or by telepsychiatry. Best of all, Talkiatry takes on the headaches of running a private practice, like billing and finding new patients. We allow the psychiatrist to focus on what they care about most: their patients.
Patients benefit too. We offer convenient appointment times and accept insurance. Through our proprietary intake process we match them with the clinician most able to treat their condition. Patients feel better faster.
Engineering at Talkiatry
The engineering team at Talkiatry is looking for a mission-driven software engineer to build the software that powers Talkiatry's high-quality psychiatric care delivery. Our stack—which runs on AWS—includes React, GraphQL, Typescript, Node.js, and Postgres, which we use for both patient- and provider/staff-facing technologies. Our engineering team is small and collegial, with strong collaborative relationships with our clinical and back-office teams.
- Design and build tools for use by our providers, staff, and patients
- Collaborate closely with our clinical and operations teams to ensure that the software we're building solves the problems that present barriers to behavioral health care access
- Maintain a high level of quality in our codebase both as an author and a code reviewer
- Mentor and support other members of the engineering team
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer
- Strong problem solving skills
- Collaborative approach and ability to work with people from other teams
- Experience with the technologies we are using preferred (but not required!)
- Experience in healthcare preferred (but not required!)
Talkiatry values every team member and takes the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously. All full-time employees are eligible for our generous benefits package on day one! We have a 401(k) plan employer match, competitive PTO plans and 10 holidays per year.
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.